[EPUB] ✺ The Consequences of Marriage By Isla Dewar – Thegreatwallonline.us

The Consequences of Marriage When James McElroy Saw The Ad For A Lodger With Bibi Sanders In A Smart Edinburgh Street, He Pictured A Glamorous Young Landlady With Whom He Would Form A Meaningful And Deep Relationship But Bibi S In Her Seventies She S Led A Full Life, Including Marriage To The Domineering And Difficult Callum, Now Deceased, And Raised Six Children.She S Not Sure What To Make Of James And Suspects Rightly A Troubling Secret In His Past When Bibi Sets Out To Re Visit The Past For The Final Time Via A Tour Of Britain In Her Rather Unexpected Volvo Sports Car, James Decides To Go With Her It S A Journey Full Of Surprises And Revelations Which Will Change Them Both And, In Isla Dewar S Inimitable Way, Entertain And Enlighten Every Reader.

[EPUB] ✺ The Consequences of Marriage  By Isla Dewar – Thegreatwallonline.us
  • The Consequences of Marriage
  • Isla Dewar
  • 14 July 2018

10 thoughts on “The Consequences of Marriage

This book is not really the kind I go for but I picked it up in a library sale of 5 paperbacks for 1 and I m glad I did It s an engaging read all about a family who individually all reach a turning point in their lives and what happens One of the reviews on the book called it funny but I w...

Bibi Saunders, an eccentric 70 something woman, somehow gets her young lodger to take her on a road trip We discover her life from Scotland to the USA We learn about her dreamer of a husband and her sensible ness She has raised 5 children happily, but she also has a son who has never returned Her choices and mistakes are poignant in their consequences The author makes this book a success by creating a charismatic character and weaving a web of time, place and era with her language I li Bibi Saunders, an eccentric 70 something woman, somehow gets her young lodger to take her on a road trip We discover her life from Scotland to the USA We learn about her dreamer of a husband and her sensible ness She has raised 5 children happily, but she also has a son who has never returned Her choices and mistakes are poignant in their consequences The author makes this book a...

I really enjoyed this book I loved Bibi and finding out about her as a young woman and as a mother as her family grew up Great story.

A book that grew on me I enjoyed the Edinburgh and Scottish background and the characters came across as real, complex and often entertaining at their heart the eccentric Bibi.

A very nice Mild reading book that talks about a 70yr old woman and her life from her childhood especially her marriages, her husband and children Read it especially those who would love irony.

This novel is set in modern day UK It is a family drama with witty outrageous scenarios Bibi is the unfortunate gullible long suffering wife of a poet Callum who struggles to earn enough money to support his family He married Bibi to spite her aristocratic father who then disowned his daughter The author does present a believable story even though the rebellious ungrateful personality traits that exist in everyone are somewhat glorified Hard work and boring commitments are not rewarded in t This novel is set in modern day UK It is a family drama with witt...

Delightful read good humor and depiction of family life, marriage intricacies and consequences, plus inter relationships A real find.

A trade me experience.

I found this book hard to get into, and i couldn t really warm to the characters

A good Saturday afternoon read